#ottmusik now accepting artist submissions for 2018
In 2016, the City of Ottawa launched an an initiative that integrates local music into the city’s phone system. This program is called #ottmusik, and the application process for 2018 has begun.
All submissions will be reviewed by a committee of musicians and industry professionals from the Ottawa area who will recommend up to 25 songs for use on the City of Ottawa phone system. Recommendations will be based on artistic merit, diversity, community involvement, and content. This is also an opportunity for pre-recorded music, so no need to write something new. Just your single or favorite track on your album will do! Everyone from emerging to established artists are considered—from bedroom musicians to Bluesfest veterans. Each successful applicant will receive a $200 licensing fee for use of up to one minute of the song during a twelve-month period.
Deadline: Monday, March 12, 2018, at 11:59 pm
- Applicants must live within 150 km of the City of Ottawa
- Submissions must not include profanity or discriminatory language
- Must be original music owned by the applicant
- Only one submission per applicant
How to apply:
- Fill out the #ottmusik application form at ottawa.ca/en/ottmusik or ottawa.ca/fr/ottmusik (en fran
- Upload your MP3
- Click “Submit”