Mirror Mountain Film Festival is once again accepting proposals from musicians and media artists for the live music and visual portion of the event. The festival seeks to pair the city’s best and brightest musicians with the independent film festival which takes place July 26th-27th, 2019 at Arts Court Theatre.
The live portion will combine two key aspects – a live music performance and a film/media art performance that will run concurrently. Bands and filmmakers/media artists are encouraged to submit their proposals before the February 19th, 2019 deadline. The festival will pair successful applicants together for the performance, but bands that have a firm idea of a filmmaker or media artist that they’d like to work with are also able to submit their application together as a combo. Only one band and one filmmaker/media artist will be selected to participate in this year’s festival.
Check out video links to our past presentations with Merganzer, Scary Bear Soundtrack and Scattered Clouds. For more information, click here or read more below.
Submissions & Guidelines
- You may submit a proposal as a filmmaker, or as a musician / band. Mirror Mountain will pair successful applicants with a suitable partner.
- OR, you may submit as a filmmaker & band combo, if you already have a firm idea of whom you would like to work with
- Submission of an application does not guarantee acceptance. Only one filmmaker and one musician / band will be chosen
- Precedence will be given to local applicants from the Ottawa region, but proposals from elsewhere are also accepted
- Live performances typically last approximately 30 – 45 minutes
- Proposals from filmmakers should incorporate an element of live, real-time performance, manipulation or interaction with the projected images, not just pre-recorded visuals playing by themselves
All applications should include:
- A text description of your concept/idea for the performance
- A basic outline of your expected equipment and technical requirements
- Up to 3 links to examples of your work*
*Only submit online links/passwords to your past work on sites like YouTube, Vimeo, Soundcloud and Bandcamp. Physical support material (i.e. CDs/DVDs) will not be accepted.
Mirror Mountain will:
- Work with all artists to ensure professional standards of presentation
- Pay fees to selected artists
- Produce photo, audio and video documentation of the performance that can be used for professional and promotional purposes
- The deadline to submit a proposal is February 15th, 2019. Proposals will not be accepted after this time
Send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the text “Live Performance Proposal” in your subject line.
Merganzer & Sonya Stefan – Passé Composé at Mirror Mountain (excerpt) from Mirror Mountain Film Festival on Vimeo.