We here at Ottawa Showbox are officially putting out a call for submissions for Throwback Thursdays. We want to hear from you with your stories from days gone by. It’s our belief that these stories help to put together a cultural history of the music scene, and even more, build a collection of stories and perspectives from a diverse group of people. Maybe there’s some lost footage or photos out there that most of us have never seen before, or perhaps a favourite band or show from decades ago that may stand the test of time.
– Which Ottawa band was your favourite back in the day? Why?
– Is there a particularly memorable show that you went to? Tell us about it!
– Was there a popular (or underground) club that used to put on great shows regularly?
– Is there an album from the past by a local band that is close to you? Tell us why!
– If you were/are in a local band, got any ridiculous tour stories for us?
– Is there a person that is/was an integral part of the scene that deserves an honourable mention?